6th December 2019
Dear parents/ carers,
What a fantastic end to the week we had at the PSA Christmas Bazaar – everything went exactly as planned, thanks to the brilliant organising (no mean feat!) led by Chantelle McArthur-Clarke and Ros Petch, and their band of merry helpers! Thank you so much to everyone that supported, either by setting up the hall ready for the bazaar (and clearing everything away!), manning stalls, donating items for the day or giving up time behind the scenes! It really is appreciated – I look forward to letting you know before we break up how much was raised.
• Thank you – A huge thank you to everyone that donated toys for our Christmas appeal led by Lorraine Pavey. Lorraine was able to take along six big bags bursting with presents and the volunteers were so grateful. If anyone would still like to donate, the collection is continuing until next week. Thank you so much.
• Parent Governor Elections – This week, a covering letter, two envelopes and personal statements went home for our parent governor elections. There has been some confusion as to how to return the forms, so to clarify when returning the ballot papers – 1. On the ballot sheet, put a tick or cross in the box against your chosen candidate. 2. Place this ballot sheet in one of the envelopes and seal. 3. Place this envelope inside the second envelope and once the second envelope is sealed, on the front write your name and sign (we check your name off against our register to ensure only 1 vote per parent of the school is received). 4. Hand into the school office. All votes must be received by Wednesday 18th December. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
• Last day of term- Just to confirm, that on the last day of term, Thursday 19th December, school finishes at 1.15pm when children are to be collected to start the Christmas holidays. There is no after school club on this day. Wrap around provision begins again on Wednesday 8th January when the children return to school.
• Flu vaccination programme – If your child missed the flu vaccinations held in school recently, The Dunmow Community Clinic have advised that they have added a clinic on Monday 13th January 2020. Should you wish to attend this date, you can contact the team directly on 01371 877417 to make an appointment.
• Musical Showcase – Your child will be bringing home a letter next week if they have said they would like to perform in our end of year musical showcase. Afternoon of Monday 16th December Years R, 1, 2 and 3. Afternoon of Wednesday 18th December Years, 4, 5 and 6. Further details to follow.
• Books for Schools – Never one to miss a campaign, we have signed up for ‘The Sun’s Books for Schools’ Just collect the vouchers printed in the newspaper and hand in to the school! We need 3500 vouchers to receive over £600 worth of free books for the school which are available from now until the January 18th 2020.
• Free money for school! – sounds too good to be true – well, Squires (next to Sworders Auction House on Cambridge Road, Stansted), are giving £5 to the school for every Christmas tree sold! Thanks to Madeleine Lees for adding our name to the list! Thank you Squires!
Coming up next week:
• Monday 9th December 1.45pm – KS1 Christmas Production Filmed Dress Rehearsal (School Hall) Parents welcome to attend if you can’t make the Tuesday or Thursday performances, please contact Mrs Hall, the school office or class teacher to advise us of your attendance.
• Tuesday 10th December 9.30am – EYFS Christmas Performance (School Hall)
• Wednesday 11th December 1.45pm – KS1 Christmas Production (School Hall)
• Thursday 12th December 9.30am – KS1 Christmas Production (School Hall)
With best wishes,