29th November 2019
Dear parents/ carers,
What a great day of crazy hair we had! Thank you so much for all your donations so far, it’s not too late if you want to donate to the PSA Christmas Bazaar being held Friday 6th December. Any donations can be sent in with your child or dropped off to the office, thank you.
• Acts of Kindness for December – As part of our focus on Mental Health/Well-Being and Citizenship we are having a different monthly theme as a focus. Since September we have focused on Resilience, Black History and Friendship. In December, our theme is kindness which fits in with giving to others at Christmas time. Next week your child will come home with a challenge to complete some Acts of Kindness over Advent. If you are too busy to do this we completely understand. If your child/family just completes one Act of Kindness that would be lovely.
We would love it if you had time to share a photo or if your child could write down what they have done as their Act of Kindness so we can make a whole school display during December. Your child should come home with a sheet with two baubles so they can use these to record two things they have done or if easier email a photo to Mrs Cowell firstname.lastname@example.org
• Request for donations for playtime resources and games – Now we have our Playleader scheme up and running, we would like to provide more activities for the children at playtime and lunchtime in order to improve their play and communication skills. We would really appreciate it if you are able to donate to school any old games and resources you are no longer using at home but are in a good condition to be used again.
We are looking for the following, thank you
• Lego, Duplo. constructions toys.
• Colouring books, sticker books, puzzle books, word search books, chalks, spare paper.
• Dominoes. Snap, Top Trumps. Uno, card games
• Chess, draughts, Connect 4 etc.
• Any big garden games like Jenga, etc,
• Skipping ropes, diabolos.
• Badminton rackets and shuttlecocks
• Hobby horses,
• Dressing up clothes
• Small world play figures like dinosaurs or small cars
• Any old big plastic storage boxes to store equipment.
• Student update forms – a reminder to return the update forms as soon as possible please to ensure we have the correct, up to date information for your children, thank you.
Coming up next week:
• Wednesday 4th December – Christmas Lunch Day!
• Friday 6th December, PSA Christmas Bazaar 3.20 – 5.15pm – On this day, it will be Christmas Jumper/Festive attire day in return for cakes for the bazaar.
• Saturday 7th December – Scratch Nativity, OSCA (Flyer attached)
With best wishes,