25th September 2020
Dear parents/ carers,
Well we’ve had a change to the weather, but that hasn’t stopped us from having a super week at school!
Thank you to those that attended the PSA zoom meeting on Monday, it was great to see some new faces and share ideas of raising funds for the school in these still strange times; our first fundraiser is Bags2School.
A message from the PSA: Our Bags2School collection is taking place next week on Friday 2nd October, so roll up your sleeves, take a deep breath, and dive into that overflowing wardrobe that you’ve been meaning to clear out for ages, as we are going to help you dispose of all that unwanted stuff!
All you need to do is place your donations in any form of bin bag, tie it up, and bring into school from Wednesday next week until Friday morning. We will be collecting your donations under the car port by the caretakers house, to keep it all dry in the event of inclement weather.
Bags2School accept the following ‘good quality’ items for RE-USE*:
- Men’s, Ladies’ and Children’s clothing Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Handbags Hats
- Bags Scarves and ties
- Jewellery Lingerie
- Socks Belts
- Soft toys Household linen
- Household curtains Household towels
- Household bedding (bed sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers)
They DO NOT accept:
- Duvets and blankets Pillows and cushions
- Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
- Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing School uniforms with and without logo
- Corporate clothing and workwear Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
This is a fantastic scheme that helped us raise over £200 last year, every little bit helps, so please do have a rummage and help us make this event a great success once again. Thank you! H&U PSA.
Next Thursday 1st October is Census day – Every child that has school dinners on this day counts towards our overall funding for the year, you can support by ordering a school lunch on this day – thank you!
That’s it for another week, have a great weekend, this week, I look forward to seeing you next week.