22nd November 2019
Dear parents/ carers,
As we head into the last week of November, here is the latest news and information from school!
• Children in Need – an amazing £281.92 was raised for Children in Need, broken down as follows: £142.30 from the spots and stripes day, £65.15 from the cake sale and a generous £74.47 collected by the Walters family at one of their events. On behalf of School Council, thank you so much for supporting.
• PSA AGM – our AGM was held this week and Amy Burgering has agreed to remain as Chair, thank you. Currently, Kathryn Moxley is our Treasurer and Liz Kadir our Secretary, who both do an amazing job! However, it is time for them to step down to focus on other work within the PSA and so we are looking for a new Secretary and Treasurer. Full support will be given. The roles could be shared between more than one person if preferred. If you have an interest and would like more information, please do come in and have a chat to explore the role further – thank you.
• Support – We are so fortunate at Henham to have such supportive parents and carers, and there are even more ways you can support the school, one at no cost to you!
The Giving Machine – https://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/ Sign up using the link, and then just click to shops via TheGivingMachine website, desktop reminder or mobile app every time you shop online. Purchases generate a donation which comes directly to the school. Follow the link to find out how you can help the school at no cost to you!
Dragon fund – You may remember, we have set up The Dragon Fund. This is our school’s newly formed charitable fund that exists to enable donations, either as one-off or regular payments. The difference any donation can make, however small, should not be under-estimated. Every pound matters, will be gratefully received and put to good use. For more information: https://henhamugley.essex.sch.uk/the-dragon-fund/
• Student update forms – these important forms went home this week. Please can they be returned to school on Monday 25th November as it is very important that we have up to date information for your children. Please remember to sign and date the back of the sheet!
• It’s getting colder! – As the weather turns, could I please ask parents to ensure children have their coats in school. As it is winter uniform, shorts should no longer be worn – thank you.
• School Photos – Following Pret-a-Portrait’s recent visit to the school, photography viewing cards were sent home on Thursday 21st November. If you would like to order pictures at a discounted price, there is an Early Bird Deadline of 5th December 2019. I think you’ll agree that the photographs are lovely; they make super gifts for family and friends and school receives a donation for each photograph bought. If for any reason your viewing card doesn’t make it to you in the next few days, please contact Pret-a-Portrait directly on 0800 021 7626 or email@example.com
• Coffee and Cake with Mrs Cowell (Paired Reading) – Tuesday 26th November 8.45 – 9.45am. A reminder that Mrs Cowell will be sharing information about a new intervention we are currently using in school called Paired Reading. Do come along if you would like to learn more or you have any concerns about your child’s reading (or if you just fancy cake!).
• Pots and Pans and more! Thank you so much for the donation of pallets, we now have enough for our new mud kitchen. I am delighted we have one large cable drum, if there are any more available, these would be gratefully received. So far, we haven’t had any metal pots, pans and utensils. If you do have any, these can be dropped off to the office or Reception classroom, thank you.
• The Henham Pantomime, Alice in Pantoland!- A reminder that tickets will be on sale next weekend, 30th November from 10am at the Village Hall.
Coming up next week:
• Tuesday 26th November 8.45 – 9.45am – Coffee and Cake with Mrs Cowell (Paired Reading) in the school hall.
• Friday 29th November 9am, school hall – Year 1 sharing assembly
• Friday 29th November – last hockey training for this year.
• Friday 29th November – Crazy hair day in return for wrapped sweets
It’s getting close! Friday 6th December, PSA Christmas Bazaar – On this day, it will be Christmas Jumper/Festive attire day in return for cakes.
With best wishes,