15th November 2019
Dear parents/ carers,
Another week has flown by! Here is the latest roundup – written as bullet points after numerous comments were received this week that this method was preferred.
• Children in Need cake sale – thank you for the generous donation of cakes and purchasing on Friday, a final total will be advised next week. Well done to School Council for organising.
• Aldi sports stickers – thank you for the last minute stickers that arrived in school on Monday, we were able to complete two posters and these have now been sent off. We will have to wait until the New Year to see if we are lucky enough to have won the £20,000 prize! Let’s keep our fingers crossed!
• Pots and Pans and more! We are still in need of metal pots, pans and utensils. Additionally, we also need some pallets and large cable drums for our outside woodland area. If you are able to help, the larger items can be dropped off under the carport of the house, thank you.
• PSA AGM – our annual meeting is being held on Tuesday 19th November in school at 7.45pm. If you would like to be more involved or interested in hearing more information about how the PSA supports the school and future fund raising events please do come along. We are also looking for a new secretary.
• The Once Upon a Time Team present… The Henham Pantomime, Alice in Pantoland!- This not to be missed performance will be held in Henham Village Hall on:
Wednesday 1st January 2.00 p.m. and 7.00 .p.m.
Thursday 2nd January 7.00 p.m.
Friday 3rd January 7.00 p.m.
Saturday 4th January 1.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m.
Tickets will be on sale at the Village Hall on Saturday 30th November from 10.00 a.m.
Adults £6 Under 16s £3
• Headlice! – We’ve had a few cases across the school this week so if you could please check and treat your child’s hair as required this weekend, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.
• Nature Club, Thursday 21st November – Please note there will be no nature club next Thursday.
• Hockey Club, Friday 22nd November – Please be advised there will be no hockey club next Friday. The next session will be Friday 29th November, which will also be the last session before the competition matches start in January. These will be advised once fixtures are confirmed.
• Parking! – The saga continues!! A parent has advised that they have seen a parent driving across the green with children in the car, to get down to Carters Lane. Could I please request that parents refrain from driving across the village greens, thank you.
• Once again, Lexi and Seth in Year 2 have been busy! They entered a competition organised by Aerozone Stansted and won a large selection of books for the school, donated by WHSmith. On Friday a representative from Aerozone came in to present the books in assembly! Well done to you both
Coming up next week:
• Tuesday 19th November 10:45 – 11.45 – Nursery parents ‘stay and play’ session
• Tuesday 19th November 7.45pm – PSA AGM
• Friday 22nd November – Festive sock day in return for Toys, Books and Bottles for the Tombola
• Friday 22nd November 9am, school hall – Year 2 sharing assembly
Have a wonderful weekend, with best wishes,