13th December 2019
Dear parents/ carers,
We are nearly at the end of what has been a super autumn term. The children from EYFS and Years 1 and 2 performed their little socks off at their nativity performances this week. I am so proud of them all!
Here is an outline of what is coming up in our final 4 days before the Christmas holidays begin next week!
- Parent Governor Elections – The final day for handing in your nominations is Wednesday 18th December at 12pm lunchtime. Please do place your vote for one of the three candidates by returning your ballot paper to the school office, in the envelopes provided.
- PSA Christmas Parties – Tuesday 17th December – These are taking place within the school day. If you would like to help out, please speak to a member of the PSA or your child’s class teacher.
- Musical Showcase – The musical showcases are taking place on Monday and Wednesday next week:
Monday 16th December 2pm– Years 1, 2, and 3 plus orchestra
Wednesday 18th December 2pm – Years 4, 5 and 6
Your child will already have brought home from school a letter with details if they have requested to take part. We look forward to seeing you in the school hall on these days.
- Christmas Church Service at Henham Church – Thursday 19th December 9am. On Thursday, we ask that you take your child directly to the church where our staff will meet you there to register the children before the service begins. Following the service we will walk the children back to school. If you are able to help walk the children back, this would be very much appreciated.
If you are unable to go straight to the church in the morning, please let us know, as some staff will be walking our breakfast club children to the church in the morning and can escort your child too if needed.
- Last day of term- Just to confirm, that on the last day of term, Thursday 19th December, school finishes at 1.15pm when children are to be collected to start the Christmas holidays. There is no after school club on this day. Wrap around provision begins again on Wednesday 8th January when the children return to school.
Finally, Kitty and Daisy from Year 6 have written a report following the inter-house archery competition today: The House Captains organised the event where everyone in Key Stage 2 was involved – it was such a fun activity. As House Captains, we have nominated five KS2 pupils for their excellent archery skills: Rex (for his perfect 10!), Grace (for her technique), Emily (for her amazing 10), Oscar L (for his teamwork), and Persephone (for her resilience). At the end, the final results were: 1st – Purple, 2nd – Blue, 3rd – Red and 4th – Green. Thank you to Miss Gilbert for her instructions and for everyone for their fantastic team work and spirit.
Here’s to a fantastic final week of the autumn term and a great weekend ahead!
With best wishes, Kim Hall, Headteacher